Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review Page 9 of 10 | SheSpeaks

• krys2000 By  krys2000
    01.27.12

With 3-8 kids running amok in my house, 1 double coated dog, 1 fat cat, and 6 chickens living in my all dirt backyard, my Dyson Animal vac SAVES MY LIFE! I have to vacuum way more than a normal person should ever have to and this vacuum CLEANS! It is so awesome. The ONLY complaint that I have about it is that it is heavy, but, I will put up with a heavy vacuum that works as well as this one! Thanks Dyson for making a WONDERFUL Vacuum!

• Heartofthanks By  Heartofthanks
    01.27.12

We love our Dyson!! It's the best vacuum we have had. I love the fact that it is bagless. We are actually on our second one, due to an unfortunate incident with my son moving the car after cleaning it. Oops! But wouldn't of bought any other brand!

• MsRanA By  MsRanA
    12.22.11

I love my Dyson. I have had it for 7 years now and just can't imagine life without it. If it came down to a choice between my huband or my Dyson it would require serious thought! I have never had any issues with it and it is still picking up all the doghair in my house like a champ! I am an obsessive vacuumer and use it daily...if anything ever happens to it I will definitely buy another.

• kristine0613 By  kristine0613
    12.12.11

I love this product, it sucks so much dust out of the carpet its unbelieveable! My dog has very fine hair and it does get a good amount but there is still some left behind after cleaning.

• janellem By  janellem
    12.02.11

I recently received the animal and I Love it!!!!! Unbelievable how much dust it sucked out of my couch!!!! I think it has made my house much cleaner! I use it everyday as I enjoy seeing all the dust it picks ups!!!!!

• staceyannmarie By  staceyannmarie
    11.10.11

not thrilled with the hose length and think ball systems reaches a lot more places and is worth the price

• ladybug68 By  ladybug68
    11.01.11

I love my Dyson. I have had it about 4 years and it still works fantastically!!

• allmystuff By  allmystuff
    09.23.11

I have had my Dyson Animal for about 2 years now, and use it every day. If someone wanted to take it from me, they would have to pry it out of my COLD DEAD HANDS! I have many birds, a dog, and several cats. You can probably just imagine what a ZOO this house would be, except for my Dyson! I had a Hoover Wind Tunnel for about 5 years before I bought the Dyson. it had to go to Sears twice for repairs (at $100 each, I should have just gotten the Dyson...) I finally gave in to the Dyson Hype and bought the Animal through a good deal at Sears; before I gave the Hoover away I vacuumed the living room and my bedroom with it one last time. The dirt sensor didn't show anything else, so I then plugged in the new Dyson and went to town. YUCK!! I filled the canister on it within just a few minutes, it was that good! The poor Hoover Wind Tunnel just couldn't compete so I gave it away. I'm still using my Dyson every day, and I've had no trouble with it at all. I love the easy attachments, I can switch to baseboards or blinds in seconds! If my Dyson were a guy, I'd marry him!

• ABRAXAS1 By  ABRAXAS1
    09.09.11

This vacuum is a dream come true! There is not much this Dyson will not do. The only drawback is the price, it is a little on the high side, but it works so well that it is worth it. Wonderful for picking up pet hair and that sets this apart from other vacuums.

• onewakyldy By  onewakyldy
    06.14.11

I love this vacuum! I have a in home daycare where there usually are 6 to 10 children a day and boy can they be messy, I also have a long haired cat and live in a sandy area. I've had this vacuum for about 5 years and am still amazed with how good of job it does. The only problem I have had was a burnt out clutch, but with the use it gets something like this was expected. I love the ease of the bagless feature and how easy it comes apart for a good thorough cleaning every couple months. I recommed the Dyson products to all my friends and family.

• weezy1958 By  weezy1958
    03.01.11

I absolutely LOVE this vacuum! Have had several other brands prior, but none pick up or hold up like the Dyson. I live in Florida so have a lot of sand coming into the house via our dog, and it is miraculous to me how well this vaccum picks up and doesn't blow it out the other side. It is vacuuming to perfection!

• browneyes78 By  browneyes78
    12.24.10

I love my Dyson. I've had it for around 5 yrs now. I had some part on the bottom break a yr or so ago, I called Dyson and they mailed me the part. No questions asked. I paid over $500 for my Dyson, it's a hefty price to pay at one time, but think about this..... if you buy a cheap vac and have to replace it every yr....how much does that add up to after 4 or 5 yrs? Has it lost suction.....I'm sure that's a question people really want to know about because Dyson claims their vacs don't. I can say with my head high....that my Dyson has not lost suction power. It still does a great job after all these yrs. I have had as many as 3 dogs at once while owning this vac. I have had stuff get caught up in it, pulled it out, vac still ran although it stunk for awhile, I thought it was burnt up....now the smell has gone away and vac is still going. The suction on this vac isn't going to make you scream wow, but the fact that it hasn't lost it's suction after 4 or 5 yrs is great. My one issue is the extension wand to reach places....it's stiff, maybe I just never handled it enough to break it in. Bagless is great and easy to dispose dirt and then clean. Not the lightest vac, but that's because it's a good quality. I would hate if this thing stopped working because they are so expensive....but I would buy another.

• baboese By  baboese
    10.12.10

I have owned my Dyson for 5 years. Thankfully it came with a 5 year warranty, since it's been in the repair shop 5 times. The suction is not as good as I would expect for an expensive vacuum cleaner. (one of the reasons it's been in the shop a few times) The majority of my house is hard wood floors and I'm constantly shocked at how little the Dyson will pick up. If there are pine needles on the floor, it takes at least 3-5 passes with the vacuum. The same goes for tiny pieces of paper. I do think the suction on the hose is good though and haven't seemed to have any problem at all with that. My husband calls this vacuum my "$600 piece of plastic", which is exactly what it is. The entire thing is plastic which doesn't make me think that it'll last for years to come.

• laceyhodge By  laceyhodge
    10.05.10

I've had this dyson for about 3 years. The vacuum is very good, has a strong suction and easy to clean. However, the hose on the attachment handle doesn't stretch very far. It almost falls on me when trying to use the handle with the attachments. And I also agree with DreamN, the handle won't let you get into tight places and you have to angle it funny and sometimes it isn't conveinent. Wish it had a more stretchy hose. Other than that it is a good product.

• itsrachelann By  itsrachelann
    09.11.10

I use mine daily. With two small children, four dogs and two cats its a must. I love all the attachments. Nothing gets dog hair off the couch like this does. I have hardwood, area rugs and carpet. Love the ability to turn the brush bar on or off.