Britax Marathon Car Seat | SheSpeaks

• Klashonna22 Klashonna22
    09.16.18

Love this car seat! It?s price friendly , not heavy, and very easy to install . I have one in my car and one as a spare too

• nursenoelle1 By  nursenoelle1
    12.07.11

These are pricey, but luckily my mother in law bought ours for us. My little boy did love sitting in it, and I felt that he was protected. His head didn't slump over when he fell asleep, like it did in other car seats. The only complaint I have is that you aren't supposed to machine wash the material. Obviously toddlers are going to have accidents, and I don't really feel that hand washing it gets urine or stains out of it good enough. We did put it through the washer and let it air dry. The material looks worn now. I don't buy anything that I can't wash in the washing machine, so it would be nice if they made a cover that could be machine washed!

• starlee By  starlee
    10.20.11

We have two of these seats, one for each of our girls (ages 4 and 2). The seats have been so comfortable for them both since they were about 4 months old and were uncomfortable in their infant carriers. Although it says not to machine wash the covers, we have washed them many times on the delicate/hand-wash cycle on our machine. We allow them to air-dry, and they come out perfectly clean again. The seats always look new! The straps do not tangle easily, and as I said, our girls are soooooo comfy in these seats! We often take long (6+ hours) road trips, and we get no complaints from the kids. Thanks Britax!

• pinkadidas178 By  pinkadidas178
    10.19.11

I have tons of knowledge about carseats and baby gear of all sorts since I spent many years demonstrating and selling it all. When it comes to carseats, in my expereince most people shopped by price and what looked good or what fabrics felt soft. In reality this is not going to help when it comes to a car crash and keeping your child safe. The truth is whats behind that fabric. The Britax is one of the best seatbelts I have ever come across. They are known for their use of the same shock absorbing styrofoam that is used in bicycle helmets in their seats. When looking at any carseat, pull back the fabric because whats between the plastic frame and you're child's head is what counts, not the soft fabric that is not made for such impacts. I love the Britax carseats but in reality I know they are not exactly budget friendly. The good news is that many companies are now using the same styrofoam, it's just a matter of looking for it. Forget the color and fabric comfort and pull it back next time you look at a carseat. If there is nothing but the plastic frame then there is nothing that will help absorb impact from effecting your child in an accident. Go for the Britax but if budget concerned, REALLY look at the carseats in the store and make sure that there is something behind that fabric to keep your child safe.

• lauralee By  lauralee
    09.07.11

We put our eldest in this seat around 18 months and 3 years later, she isn't anywhere near the 40 pound limit. I can't imagine her sister will be out of hers until she's at least 5 either. They are easy to install, durable and safe. What else can you ask for?

• mommykatie By  mommykatie
    07.27.11

A great carseat. For sure our favorite brand. We have used others, but definitely prefer this seat, and would recommend them to everyone!

• ymoore16 By  ymoore16
    02.16.11

The Britax carseat line is definitely the only line I would trust my child in. After reading all the reviews and safety on all car seats we started using Britax when my daughter was 3 and she is now 8. My son is now in a Britax and I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants the best carseat for their child's safety. We chose the Marathon because of the weight limit being so high. We wanted our children in carseats as long as possible, with the most safe as possible carseat. It is absolutely Worth EVERY penny.

• NunziaV By  NunziaV
    02.03.11

My research for a convertible car seat started early since my infant was on the tall side. I had narrowed it down to the Roundabout and the Marathon. Since the baby had to sit facing the rear, I wanted a car seat that would fit in my car (Mercedes C- Class) and not disturb the front passenger seat. I purchased both the Roundabout and the Marathon so that I could test them out in my vehicle. After reading all the specs, the two car seats are practically identical in features with the exception of the weight limit. The Marathon goes up to 65 pounds while the Roundabout only goes up to 40 lbs. The marathon is on the larger side and worked out fine when it was installed facing forward, however it is impossible to use facing backwards. The back of the headrest butts up right against the front seat and you also have to move the front seat all the way forward. Anyone sitting in the front seat needs to be extremely short in order for this car seat to fit. If you are interested in this car seat, I highly recommend purchasing at a place that allows you to return it in the event that it doesn't fit. The car seat is very safe and highly recommended, however I would go with the Britax Roundabout. They are almost identical with features with the exception of the size. The roundabout only goes up to 40 lbs (as compared to 80 with the Marathon), however I believe a child would prefer a booster seat once they reach 40 lbs.

• christina_weaver03 By  christina_weaver03
    02.02.11

I love my Britax seats. I have had 2 of them and they are worth every penny.

• kagsmom By  kagsmom
    09.30.10

LOVE this carseat!!! It's pricey, but worth every penny; I know my daughter is safer in it and that makes me suggest this to every new parent I meet. My daughter also seems to be more comfortable in it than the other brand seats used by my parents and in-laws.

• CMCHILDERS By  CMCHILDERS
    09.15.10

WORTH EVERY DIME!!!! GREAT!!!!!