Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review Page 8 of 10 | SheSpeaks

• huntress88 By  huntress88
    04.18.12

I have the original Dyson and love it. I thought I would upgrade to the Animal once I bought a long haired German Shephard. imagaine my surprise when I discovered that the electrical cord was so short that I could not even vaccuum my bed and bath all at once with out having to replug into another outlet. My BFF said that her cord was long, so I guess I could have landed a defective Dyson?! Anyway, I hated it and sent it back. I still have my trusty original Dyson, even though it is all banged up and bruised!

• deedoesmakeup By  deedoesmakeup
    04.12.12

Not worth the money at all.It does the same thing all canister vacuums do.gets clogged.It worked great the 1st 3 months then started acting lime crap.Dyson warrenty they cliam covers pretty much everything is a huge joke!

• abbygabbie By  abbygabbie
    04.11.12

Works VERY well, but is way over priced. Such a shame that is so expensive because everyone should have one, very powerful & great for pet owners!

• madewithHAPPY By  madewithHAPPY
    04.04.12

The day we purchased our Dyson Animal we had vacuumed the house with our other vacuum to see if this really did pick up more. We went purchased the dyson and came home and re-vacuumed the area we had just done an hour earlier with the other. We ended up having to empty the dyson three with all the extra hair and dirt the Dyson picked up. We will never go back ever again!

• AndreaKruse By  AndreaKruse
    04.02.12

We love our Dyson DC 17 Animal! I never realized how much better a vacuum could be until we got ours. It picks up more dirt and pet hair, is easier to clean and moves easily. My 4 year old even enjoys maneuvering it around. It isn't too heavy and I can easily take it upstairs. I have been very happy with our purchase.

• trishamatthews By  trishamatthews
    04.02.12

I have been using the Dyson animal vacuum for about six months now and absolutely love it. We have been renovating our home so I have spent a lot of time getting to know my Dyson and there doesn't seem to be anything it wont clean up. On top of that, my cat loves to sleep on the couches when I'm not home so there is usually a nice amount of cat hair on my couch pillows by the end of the week. I have had not problems with the Dyson and feel like I've really put it through a good trial. It's not light, but also not too heavy to carry up a few stairs. I would definitely recommend this vacuum.

• rwatts123 By  rwatts123
    04.02.12

What a little work horse. My dyson takes a pretty good beating and still does it's job 100%. The only thing I wish for was more onboard attachments. Other than that....couldn't get a better vacuum.

• daisygirl673 By  daisygirl673
    04.02.12

This vacuum is the best thing that even happened to my carpet! I have to warn you...it's a little scary and disgusting when you see the amount of dog hair etc that will be sucked up from, what you thought was, your "clean" carpet. I was horrified the first time! Now I feel so much better about my kids playing on the carpet after vacuuming with my Dyson Animal. Truly worth the money!!!

• marnierily By  marnierily
    03.31.12

My sister-inlaw has the Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner. She has 2 big hairy dogs and she said that this vacuum works great!!!

• lucas567 By  lucas567
    03.12.12

I love this.It is the best to use to clean up a pets mess I use it daily

• cyndihall By  cyndihall
    03.09.12

I LOVE MY DYSON!! It is the best vacuum on the market. It has a suction power like no other. Well worth the price. They last for years!!

• Ilovesharpei By  Ilovesharpei
    03.07.12

I have to say my fiance loves this vacuum more than I do. When we first got it he used it on the whole house and was shocked how much hair and dirt came out of our carpet. With 2 dogs, 4 cats and a rabbit in our house we use this all the time and are very happy with it. the only issue I just started to notice after a year is that I actually do detect a smell coming from the vacuum. I am sure it's coming from the carpet really but the vacuum is now giving off that smell when we use it. I will have to try to figure out how to clean it as that happened to us with another canister vacuum in the past.

• ginabean05 By  ginabean05
    03.06.12

We have a golden retriever that obviously sheds a lot, so a specialty animal hair vacuum is necessary. We have had this vacuum for a few years, and I have loved it. Easy to maneuver, not too heavy, easy to disassemble to clean the individual parts and empty the container.

• jagreen0621 By  jagreen0621
    03.05.12

I've had my DC17 for 6 years now. No issues or complaints to speak of. We have three busy kids, no pets, but I would recommend this vacuum to anyone! The hose is super long and never loses suction. I love how easy it is to dump out the debris and keep on cleaning. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson!

• ImTheGinger By  ImTheGinger
    02.29.12

OK my Dyson is the one electronic in my house my husband dares not touch. I practically worship that thing. I had read reviews online before about them and thought that is was just not true because of the price BUT I finally broke down and got one and let me tell you I'm in love. It got up so much dirt and dust that my previous vacuum just missed. I empty the tank out so much while vacuuming but it's a burden I'm glad to bare! My husband has terrible allergies and with 2 long haired dogs it's just rough but with the Dyson animal it has dramatically decreased his allergy issues.