Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• kimmyty By  kimmyty
    03.21.14

A great vacuum cleaner! It is on the pricey side but has lasted a long time for me. Still works has good as when I bought it five years ago!

• mouhanna32 By  mouhanna32
    03.12.14

great product, love it. It actually picks up my cats hair and doesn't leave anything behind. The only problem is the price, I can find another product just like it, and i actually did. It worked the same thing for half the price.

• jrayherself By  jrayherself
    02.17.14

I love this vacuum until in broke. Now it just surges and doesn't hold a charge. It was great and versatile, made it easy to vacuum the stairs and wasn't as heavy as a full size vacuum. I wish mine worked!

• wzdprest By  wzdprest
    01.23.14

I bought this machine because of all the hype. It's suction is fantastic and it cleans like a workhorse, however, it is not easy to maneuver and its really heavy to operate. All in all, I like it, but don't love it.

• cindy340 By  cindy340
    01.23.14

My Dyson Animal has been the most longest lasting vacuum ever as well as the most powerful ever. Ours is about 10 years old and still going strong. I do not know about the newer models but I do have one complaint and this is why 4 stars instead of 5. Each time I use the attachments I must unwind the entire power cord to use it. This is a pain especially if you are just doing a quick 30 second clean up because then I must rewind the entire power cord back on. I hope that Mr Dyson has improved this feature by now?

• GrOkRo By  GrOkRo
    11.14.13

I love my Dyson, I told my husband that it is the only cleaning tool that can be given to his wife as a gift! We have 5 kids and they all fight over who will get to vacuum... I think the boys like that it looks like some kind of engine, and it has incredible suction power!

• Chelseaecardwell By  Chelseaecardwell
    10.31.13

This thing is amazing! I can easily go from cleaning carpet to my kitchen and hard wooded areas in the house. With a 1 year old, 2 dogs, and a cat it whips their evidence into shape! When we first purchased this 2 years ago (still going strong!) and I tried it on our carpet, it looked almost new again from everything that was hidden and sucked up by the Dyson. It has wonderful cleaning power and helps me reach from top to bottom of the house. It's not too heavy either for those who go up and down stairs.

• suzanette By  suzanette
    10.08.13

Love my Dyson. Have a black lab and after vacuuming I can get down on the floor and see no hair. Not true with my last vacuum. I did overheat it once ("mini" Mini wheats got stuck in the hose!). It shuts off and would not let me start it again for 1 hour. Have been happy with it. One time I ran it over a wet area and the smell of dog when I vacuum has been present ever since when I vacuum. That is the only downfall. Oh and its pretty heavy to be lugging up and down stairs especially when you are pregnant.

• Boxermommie By  Boxermommie
    09.17.13

Loved mine till it broke after 5 years. The hose part was so powerful. Great for getting the dust bunnies. Just wish they weren't so expensive.

• cleanliving By  cleanliving
    08.20.13

I thought I had purchased my last vacuum cleaner - but not so - it tore my throw rugs up - pulling up the fibers. If I cannot use it on all surfaces - whats the point. Took it back and got a cheaper vacuum that cleans all my floors.