SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Review Page 6 of 7 | SheSpeaks

• elliemay1229 By  elliemay1229
    09.09.11

I tried one of these at Sam's Club and put it on my wish list! I am not a huge soda drinker, but the idea of making sparkling juice drinks with my daughter is wonderful! I love it because it can be used to make sodas that are similar to what is at the store or personalized drinks at home! It is a great alternative for folks who want something healthy to drink! I can control the sugar. Since we don't have recycling services here, I also know that I'm not tossing as much plastic in the trash!

• Finamoon By  Finamoon
    09.09.11

Sodastream is a soda maker for the home or office. This wonderful device not only makes soda, but it also makes sparkling ciders and carbonated waters. I love how easy it is to make them! All you do is fill the bottle that comes with the unit to the fill line with cold tap water, screw into soda maker, and push down the button on top until you hear a buzzing sound 3 times to carbonate. It doesn't take any electricity or batteries. If you want flavoring just add a cap full of the SodaMix flavors or a few drops of the MyWater Essence. Also, you can do what I tried and found very tasty! I make my own sparkling juices... Pick out desired can of juice concentrate (my favorite we tried is 100% apple juice) chilled but completely thawed. Make 1 L bottle of carbonated water up to fill line. Pour 1/4 juice and 1/4 carbonated water in a cup or glass. Stir and drink. Pour remainder of juice concentrate into the bottle, cap and swirl gently. Store in fridge or drink right away. I received the Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker in black and silver from Sodastream along with 1 60 liter Carbonator, 2 Carbonating Bottles, 9 SodaMix flavors - each bottle makes 12 liters of soda and 1 MyWater Essence Variety 3 Pack for free from Sodastream to try out, keep and review. This soda maker can also fit the extra large 110 liter carbonators and has an easy to clean drip tray. I didn't pick the soda I received and got a lot of diet sodas. They were alright tasting though and my absolute favorite of the ones I tried was the diet grapefruit. In my opinion Sodastream's syrups could have been better tasting, but the carbonation at home did make them taste fresher and more refreshing. When my oldest son, Delbin, took his first taste of the energy soda we made with the Sodastream he exclaimed, "First of all, it makes my mouth come alive and also it clears out my nose!"...bubbles up the nose does feel funny, LOL! The calories, carbs, sugar, sodium and caffeine in the SodaMix flavors rank less than regular sodas you would find in the stores. I love that I can control the amount of fizz that goes in to the water if I want and that I am saving the environment by not having to throw away empty cans or bottles. All I have to do is make a bottle of sparkling water to flavor as I please and then once it is all gone to rinse the bottle and air dry. Cleaning is that simple and I don't have trash to throw away because the bottles are reusable. Also, once the carbonator is empty Sodastream will refill it for you for less than the price to buy a new one. Besides that I am not a real big fan of diet soda and that is primarily what I was given to try out, here are my only real dislikes about the Jet: once when I was pressing down the button my finger got caught in between it and the device...it left a small gash on my finger, my dog doesn't like the sound it makes while carbonating...he barks loudly at it like it hurts his ears and lastly the tilt to screw on the bottle is a bit awkward.

• btm15217 By  btm15217
    09.09.11

It is easy to use and much healthier than bottled soda. Fun for the kids also.

• lughead13 By  lughead13
    09.09.11

I, too purchased it last year for my husband at Christmas...never regretted it. My daughter calls it "home-made sparklies" for the sparking water - and she's just 2. Agree that some of the flavors take a bit getting used to - but not having to lug home all those bottles of soda from the grocery store is well worth it.

• benbri1 By  benbri1
    09.09.11

My husband and I are huge fans of sparking water and have spent a small fortune on bottle after bottle over the years. When I discovered the Soda Stream Carbonater, I knew it would be an instant hit. We have had ours for 3 years and use it nearly every day, making everything from root beer to spritzers to classic but simple sparkling water with lemon. It is so convenient and simple to use, and I love that the water stays fresh in the sealable carafes - no more wastage! We use every drop. This gadget is truly one of the best kitchen investments we have made. I highly recommend it!

• lucas567 By  lucas567

I love this thing .

• LauraParr By  LauraParr
    09.09.11

I purchased our SodaStream when the product was first available to buy and I have simply NEVER regretted my purchase. Before buying our SodaStream we were spending a ridiculous amount of money each week on sodas we purchased from the store. It was a horrible waste of money and bad for the environment. Since we purchased our SodaStream we have not spent one penny on overpriced sodas of any variety. We make plain sparkling water, ginger ale, diet cola, root beer--you name it. And, it tastes BETTER than the name brand sodas we were spending our money on. We love our SodaStream so much we encouraged a handful of our friends to buy a sodastream fountain maker too! Too bad we didn't get in on a referral program for this product!

• NSKeith By  NSKeith
    09.09.11

I first encountered SodaStream at a family event. We made our own soda. How cool is that?!?!?! The taste was so fresh, so great! Not to be one-upped by my sister, I had to have my own. We use it all the time. Not only is the cola the best I have ever tasted, but the other flavors are great, too. The flavors DO NOT CONTAIN high fructose corn syrup and the diet flavors DO NOT COTAIN aspartame. What a healthy plus! I like being able to make healthy drinks for the kids, too. We make sparkling apple and grape juice. Yum!

• betty224 By  betty224
    09.09.11

This is an item I leave on the counter. My kids love it because they can make any flavor of soda whenever they want. I like it because it saves money and I am not lugging soda from the grocery store.

• CrunchyBeachMama By  CrunchyBeachMama
    09.09.11

I think one reason we love the Soda Stream so much is because it's EASY. The kids can get involved by picking out some of the natural flavors and making it themselves! :)

• cancan By  cancan
    09.09.11

I have this version of the Soda Stream home soda maker AND the Penguin version (with glass bottles). I just love plain ol' carbonated water, and I like to add juice and other stuff to it to make fancy healthy drinks. This is so fun and I like to pull it out when I have people over. They always oo and ah :) I gave one of these to my bestie as a wedding present, she was super excited! I enjoyed tasting all of the flavors that came with it, but I never did use all of them because I just like the normal sparkling water. Makes me feel fancy!

• AHelicopterMom By  AHelicopterMom
    09.09.11

My husband and I love our Soda Stream. We were buying a lot of soda at the store and needed a better way to get our drinks. We save time, money, storage space and plastic/aluminum containers by using the Soda Stream. It's so easy to use too!

• thekrause6 By  thekrause6
    09.09.11

I purchased this product for my husband for Christmas last year. He had seen it on the Dan Patrick Show and was intrigued. I love soda, but hate buying it at the store. I dislike having to recycle all the empty cans and bottles. The greatest thing about the soda stream is you don't have the empties to deal with. There are tons of soda flavors to choose from and they also have flavors to make sparkling water. I would have given this 5 stars, but we have tried many of the flavors and some are better than others. The cola is not one of my favorites. Our families favorites is orange. My kids also like mountain mist (think mountain dew). Another thing I really like about this product is the regular flavors don't contain high fructose corn syrup, and the diet flavors don't contain aspartame. They recently introduced a line of sparkling naturals that is sweetened only with pure cane sugar. I haven't tried these yet, but hope to soon. The lack of high fructose corn syrup is probably why I don't care for some of the flavors, but I am sure that if I tried I could acquire a taste for them, they just don't taste like the leading brands I am accustom to.

• boardtory By  boardtory
    09.09.11

I could not live without my SodaStream machine. After I had my second son, I couldn't drink enough water to stay hydrated while I was nursing. I just couldn't make myself drink enough water. But I LOVE selzer. Unfortunately, I was drinking a 12 pack of seltzer a day. I knew I had to do something else. I bought my SodaStream and I have been using it for almost 3 years now. In fact, a bunch of our friends have gotten SodaStream machines too because they like mine so much!

• susiea By  susiea
    09.09.11

we consume so much seltzer in our house and got tired of all of the waste we were producing. our friends recommended the sodastream machine and we love it! the biggest benefits to us are never running out of seltzer and reducing the amount of waste.