Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• Kdaj1310 By  Kdaj1310
    07.21.14

Loved the book, except for the ending, I needed a little bit more. I have not seen the movie, because I did not want to ruin the book!

• sara321 By  sara321
    06.30.14

I loved this book. I could not put it down. I still haven't watched the movie because I do not want to ruin the book.

• briannaisabella By  briannaisabella
    06.07.14

I really enjoyed this book. I read it after I saw the movie because I liked the movie and I had some friends recommend the book to me. I thought the book was better than the movie.

• kmckinney23 By  kmckinney23
    05.26.14

This book was not as good as the movie but it was an interesting read.

• Lorisa By  Lorisa
    05.25.14

I read this book and it is still one of my favorite books. I really felt like I was in the 1920's. I never wanted to see the movie because the book was excellent I didn't think the movie could even come close to the book. It really made you laugh and it definitely made you cry.

• PinkieRose By  PinkieRose
    05.22.14

The book is always better than the movie

• Tawnweya By  Tawnweya
    05.15.14

Loved this story!! I read the entire thing over a 24 hour period. Literally could not put it down. Written wonderfully.

• EndeavorsinEducation By  EndeavorsinEducation
    04.27.14

I absolutely loved this book! I could not put it down. It's a great story.

• 87rbbjef By  87rbbjef
    02.17.14

Ok

• vuhnessuh By  vuhnessuh
    12.11.13

Do not let the movie stop you from reading this book. The entire love story and plot was really heartwarming and written very well. The only downside is that it did lag in some parts, but overall, great read!