Toms Shoes | SheSpeaks

• Alisenba Alisenba
    03.26.15

It was recently brought to my attention that TOMS are manufactured in China- I was unaware and that strikes me as odd seeing that the whole deal with TOMS is to give to others-- But onto to the actual product- the comfort is there! My daughter loves her TOMS. She really loves her TOMS sandals. They are a little pricey to be such a simple shoe, but they have made getting ready in the morning a little bit easier for me, and for that I am thankful. And they do last surprisingly long for being a canvas shoe. I would rate higher if I had not felt mislead on their message.

• pilarsviews pilarsviews
    08.30.13

Sad to find out today that TOMS are manufactured in China. Totally did not expect a company with such high ethical standards to have their shoes made in a country that places such a low value on human rights and human life. Came to find that out while chatting with a Customer Service Rep about trying to get a replacement part for my daughter's Bimini. Our dog chewed part of the strap and I contacted them to see if I could purchase a replacement part. Guess what? Since the shoes aren't made here, they don't have any replacement parts. I am so disgusted. I honestly wouldn't be so mad if TOMS was some other amoral company. TOMS leaves the customer, who is essentially helping them do what they do, without any help at all.

• nerdlerpeepsshow By  nerdlerpeepsshow
    07.05.09

I do not understand why so many people are complaining that they should give the shoes away in the US. That is a great idea, but there are other organizations that only help the us. good job tom's and keep up the good work. let's focus on the good they are doing instead of complaining.

• krissi7394 By  krissi7394
    07.05.09

I love my TOMS!! I am a teacher, and am on my feet the majority of the day. Wearing TOMS allows me to do this comfortably. I also love the fact that they give to children in need.

• tsnapp By  tsnapp
    07.05.09

These are very comfortable shoes. I feel that all children need help, so maybe they can help here in America and over seas as well.

• jmeww008 By  jmeww008
    07.05.09

While I agree that other countries need our help, we also need to take time to help our fellow Americans. I echo the sentiment of giving the $25 to an organization in my community rather than having a company send it overseas. I love the idea, but I would probably be more inclined to buy if it helped an American child in need instead of one overseas.

• melbanks By  melbanks
    07.05.09

These shoes are comfortable and have great style and when you buy them you are helping others around the world. What a wonderful idea.

• cmcannizzaro By  cmcannizzaro
    07.04.09

Tom's shoes are wonderfully comfortable. I recently worked in Southeast Asia and one of the biggest problems is that children can not afford shoes, therefore they walk around the streets barefoot. It is terribly sad. Tom's shoes has made a courageous effort to help children all over the world. Yes there are problems in America, but when you visit third world countries, you realize that other people need things more than us. Never have I seen a shoeless child roaming the streets in America. So let's look at the bright side and be proud to purchase a pair of shoes that will help out children all over the world. And you get a great pair of shoes!