Toms Shoes | SheSpeaks

• Alisenba Alisenba
    03.26.15

It was recently brought to my attention that TOMS are manufactured in China- I was unaware and that strikes me as odd seeing that the whole deal with TOMS is to give to others-- But onto to the actual product- the comfort is there! My daughter loves her TOMS. She really loves her TOMS sandals. They are a little pricey to be such a simple shoe, but they have made getting ready in the morning a little bit easier for me, and for that I am thankful. And they do last surprisingly long for being a canvas shoe. I would rate higher if I had not felt mislead on their message.

• pilarsviews pilarsviews
    08.30.13

Sad to find out today that TOMS are manufactured in China. Totally did not expect a company with such high ethical standards to have their shoes made in a country that places such a low value on human rights and human life. Came to find that out while chatting with a Customer Service Rep about trying to get a replacement part for my daughter's Bimini. Our dog chewed part of the strap and I contacted them to see if I could purchase a replacement part. Guess what? Since the shoes aren't made here, they don't have any replacement parts. I am so disgusted. I honestly wouldn't be so mad if TOMS was some other amoral company. TOMS leaves the customer, who is essentially helping them do what they do, without any help at all.

• jadedinalaska By  jadedinalaska
    08.08.09

There are so many children in need right here in the USA. Why are these companies always helping other children and neglecting the ones in their own country ??? As much as I would like to buy a pair, I wont. I wont support any product that puts another country before the US.

• esbarin By  esbarin
    07.22.09

TOMS DOES DONATE IN AMERICA. They have a shoe drop in New Orleans coming up in the next few weeks. I should have posted this in the original posting...I think I just came across it after more research though. They have frequent drops in America...more so then in other countires just for everyone's information :) Please continue to support this cause.

• lturpin By  lturpin
    07.14.09

I want to try these. I think the concept is so interesting. However, I haven't bought a pair because I don't like how they look (I know that is bad). I would prefer to just donate the money. I would love to try them though and then I could recommend them to others I know that a lot of my friends feel the same way.

• CrystalBurgard By  CrystalBurgard
    07.08.09

I don't see the point in continuing to be an enabler to these poor countries when our own people right here DO need help. Where have all these donations of food, clothing and cash come from? From the very people who now have lost their jobs, their homes and had their lives ruined. The ones that now cannot continue to donate and are in need of their own help. The ones that suffer the most with all the government cutbacks. Are you blind to what's happening here? People live in their cars. Whole families! In abandoned houses, gas station bathrooms, it goes on and on. Why should these folks have to go without their running water and electricity and a roof over their head when they had worked so hard to get them? They donated to the cause before, and now they deserve the same in return. There are ALOT of Americans who have lost everything. Heard of Katrina? Many families still are in shelters. OUR people DO need help and they rightfully deserve it before ANYONE else!

• nenesyd By  nenesyd
    07.08.09

cherylogle - Do you really think that there would be enough people in the poor African/Asian regions to be able to afford to buy these shoes to get shoes donated back to their fellow citizens. Another who volunteers at a food pantry/shelter and also Meals on Wheels. Unfortunately these services are unavailble to such a large part of the world. Shame on any selfish Americans who cannot see further than their door step. There is NO need for any American to live in the poverty that so many do world wide. People can get a free pair of shoes at most local food pantries/shelters or a cheap pair an any thrift shop. Poverty here cannot be compared to the extreme poverty in many countries around the world. We have running water!!! We are in a recession however we will pull out of it. How can you begrudge a fellow "worldwide citizen" a simple pair of shoes and say we need them more?? Good on you Tom's Shoes for seeing the big picture.

• cherylogle By  cherylogle
    07.05.09

I love the idea but I think that the proceeds made on shoe sales in the countries they sell in should be donated back to that country (I believe they are not only sold in the US). We are in an economic crisis here at home and it's time to reign in on the out-poor of support for countries outside of your own - and I mean this for ALL nations. Again, this is a wonderful idea, but there are SO many families in need here in the USA as well. We have always given support to other countries at the neglect of our own needy and right now it's time to own up to our own country.

• marilupe By  marilupe
    07.05.09

I wish I could afford some right now so others could also benefit.

• JsqDuncan3 By  JsqDuncan3
    07.05.09

I love this idea. Yes, there are people in America who are in need but look, there are people in America helping Americans! I volunteer my time for outreaches, shelters, food drives, a food pantry and are these organizations in place in third world countries to help them? No. They have no resources to reach out to them, it is our job to help all humans not just Americans. Way to go Toms!

• shopgirl55 By  shopgirl55
    07.05.09

Great idea, but please keep the donations inside America. The shoes look comfy, but I don't think I would wear them.

• nerdlerpeepsshow By  nerdlerpeepsshow
    07.05.09

I do not understand why so many people are complaining that they should give the shoes away in the US. That is a great idea, but there are other organizations that only help the us. good job tom's and keep up the good work. let's focus on the good they are doing instead of complaining.