Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review Page 5 of 10 | SheSpeaks

• cindy340 By  cindy340
    01.23.14

My Dyson Animal has been the most longest lasting vacuum ever as well as the most powerful ever. Ours is about 10 years old and still going strong. I do not know about the newer models but I do have one complaint and this is why 4 stars instead of 5. Each time I use the attachments I must unwind the entire power cord to use it. This is a pain especially if you are just doing a quick 30 second clean up because then I must rewind the entire power cord back on. I hope that Mr Dyson has improved this feature by now?

• GrOkRo By  GrOkRo
    11.14.13

I love my Dyson, I told my husband that it is the only cleaning tool that can be given to his wife as a gift! We have 5 kids and they all fight over who will get to vacuum... I think the boys like that it looks like some kind of engine, and it has incredible suction power!

• Chelseaecardwell By  Chelseaecardwell
    10.31.13

This thing is amazing! I can easily go from cleaning carpet to my kitchen and hard wooded areas in the house. With a 1 year old, 2 dogs, and a cat it whips their evidence into shape! When we first purchased this 2 years ago (still going strong!) and I tried it on our carpet, it looked almost new again from everything that was hidden and sucked up by the Dyson. It has wonderful cleaning power and helps me reach from top to bottom of the house. It's not too heavy either for those who go up and down stairs.

• suzanette By  suzanette
    10.08.13

Love my Dyson. Have a black lab and after vacuuming I can get down on the floor and see no hair. Not true with my last vacuum. I did overheat it once ("mini" Mini wheats got stuck in the hose!). It shuts off and would not let me start it again for 1 hour. Have been happy with it. One time I ran it over a wet area and the smell of dog when I vacuum has been present ever since when I vacuum. That is the only downfall. Oh and its pretty heavy to be lugging up and down stairs especially when you are pregnant.

• Boxermommie By  Boxermommie
    09.17.13

Loved mine till it broke after 5 years. The hose part was so powerful. Great for getting the dust bunnies. Just wish they weren't so expensive.

• cleanliving By  cleanliving
    08.20.13

I thought I had purchased my last vacuum cleaner - but not so - it tore my throw rugs up - pulling up the fibers. If I cannot use it on all surfaces - whats the point. Took it back and got a cheaper vacuum that cleans all my floors.

• JCLonneville By  JCLonneville
    07.14.13

I owned my own cleaning business and before that I worked for a couple of cleaning companies and my belief after using many different kinds of dysons, they are over priced and break so easily.

• mayo0923 By  mayo0923
    06.26.13

I love my Dyson, especially compared to other vacuums I've owned. I thought the sucking power would have been greater though. If you don't have it on the correct carpet level setting, you will find yourself going over stuff more than once. I love that it's not heavy (as I thought it would be) and it pushes easier than I thought. Overall, BEST vacuum I have ever owned!!!!!

• Nessav By  Nessav
    05.30.13

It's really good to clean things up

• AnAmericanHousewife By  AnAmericanHousewife
    05.13.13

I bought my first purple "Animal" Dyson in 2004. Finally, in 2012 I had to admit it was time to invest in a new one as the original one just had no sucking power anymore. The Dyson brand is a little more expensive but worth it. It has strong sucking power and the accessories and utilization of the vacuum just "make sense". Every part of the Dyson is streamlined with common sense so it makes it easy to use. It's a powerful vacuum (says the woman with 2 cats, 2 large dogs and 1 hamster). I have to be honest - I don't like how it vacuums throw rugs as no matter what setting you use it sucks up the rug and also, the powerful sucking makes it really hard to push and pull the vacuum on them (don't even attempt a bathroom rug - it will suck it up! LOL) but you can hardly complain about a vacuum having too much sucking power, right? I've found on our rugs in particular, the 'deep' setting works best even though you would think the 'short' setting would be better (it isn't). TWO Dyson vacuums in this household now - as the "old" Animal Dyson is now the basement vacuum and the newer one is the main floor vacuum. LOVE the Dyson products and have even gotten 2 family members and 1 friend to buy them based on my rave reviews.

• ASHLYEW704 By  ASHLYEW704
    05.11.13

I love my Dyson....Only downfall is the price! But you get what you pay for and this machine is awesome! It is so easy to use and makes cleaning more fun! I would recommend this vacuum to anyone regardless if they have pets or not! We have 2 dogs and 1 cat and I was fighting with animal hair before we purchased.

• rachelgriffin By  rachelgriffin
    05.09.13

This vacuum actually makes me WANT to vacuum! Just so I can use it. There is no comparison to a Dyson.

• angelmk By  angelmk
    04.19.13

This is the best for pet hair. We tried a few other cheaper vacuums and they always clogged up quickly,not this one,it picks it up with ease. It is worth the money if you have pets,I use it on the hard woods floors after I sweep and I love it,it has made life with animals so much easier !

• LAJanssens By  LAJanssens
    04.14.13

Expensive but SOOOO worth it! 3 house dogs and twins ready to crawl, so I always have my Dyson handy! It works great! I needed a vacuum that works fast & well, this has exceeded my expectations, and I am glad I spent the extra money for it!

• Teresab By  Teresab