SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Review Page 5 of 7 | SheSpeaks

• cherry30 By  cherry30
    09.10.11

I love my Soda Stream......mostly. There are a some things I do not like about it but the good outweighs the bad for convenience. First, the bottles are really not that big - one fills 2 regular-size tumblers and then you need to buzz up another batch - but that's minor. And the strength of the fizz doesn't quite match the sting of a fresh bottle of club soda - but that too is a small price to pay for having seltzer available any time you want it. It isn't all that economical either but, it is handy. The soda stream is staying.

• rrochlis By  rrochlis
    09.10.11

I bought this for my roommate's birthday. She was making the Fresh Direct delivery man carry 2 cases of seltzer up 5 flights of stairs at least once a month. Now she makes all her seltzer at home. The SodaStream is quick and easy to use and reduces waste. It's easy to change out flavors and there are a multitude offered by the company and you could also create them yourself using fruit jues. You'll make your money back fairly quickly if you buy a lot of soda and it only has a small footprint on your kitchen counter.

• BIvanov07 By  BIvanov07
    09.10.11

We have had one of these for about 3 years now and have gone through a lot of syrups!!!! We love this product and the variety of beverages that we can make with it.

• chstress By  chstress
    09.10.11

Before the machine arrived, I had read a few consumer reviews that made me worry a little about the availability of CO2 refills and flavor syrups. But this turned out to not be a problem. We simply ordered the CO2 canisters and flavors online, and left the empty CO2 canisters on our doorstep, and UPS dropped by to pick up the empties and delivered our supplies. The machine itself is really easy to use. All we had to do was put it together, fill the 1 liter bottle provided with water, put it on the machine, press the button a few times to carbonate it, take the bottle off, add the syrup, put on the lid and shake. Then, let it settle for maybe 30 minutes. EASY PEEZY! In order to make soda / pop / "soft drinks", you need to use syrup which the company calls "soda mix". The company sells a variety of soda mixes in both regular and diet forms; and the tastes are amazing! The syrup is $5 a bottle and makes 12 liters. That equals $.42 cents a bottle. Features: * You can control the water source and filter it. * You can control the fizziness * It's entertaining to use, my grandkids adore making soda and watching water fizz up. * It's better for the environment. The first flavors I bought were Cream Soda & Orange Mango. Now, we can enjoy the best tasting soda on the planet ... and it's as easy as making coffee! Visit sodastreamusa.com to learn more about SodaStream and all it has to offer. Also check out SodaStream on Facebook

• sweetheart88 By  sweetheart88
    09.10.11

I really enjoy this product. I think it is great to be able to make soda at home any time without having to go out to the store. I like the fact that their products do not include preservatives like other brands making this a healthier option. I also like the eco-friendly part of this product as you greatly reduce the amount of waste being produced. My only problem with this is having to refill the co2 which I find to be somewhat of a hassle and also an added expense.

• mztab2u By  mztab2u
    09.09.11

I dont own one and dont want to own one i like my soda from a can only

• Natalie55 By  Natalie55
    09.09.11

I purchased this project last year and it is wonderful. The soda tastes wonderful and you can make your own soda so you can pick and choose how sweet you make it! This is a great and wonderful product that should be owned by all families.

• beckigirl By  beckigirl
    09.09.11

Yes, This is so cool. The kids love to have their own soda machine at home.They tell all of their friends that my house has a soda wall-lol.The refills are a fair price and they last long.The only bad thing is we no longer have it because we took it to a party to show it off and it got stolen.But i would recommend it highley.

• jctimon1 By  jctimon1
    09.09.11

I have tried teh Jetsteam Fountain Soda Machine several times at Bed, Bath and Beyond! It is amazing! unfortunately, it is out of my price range and I just can't afford the machine. I think the refills are reasonable when compared with the price of traditional soda, but the product tastes WAY better!!! I highly recommend this one to anyone!

• bettys By  bettys
    09.09.11

Fun for all ages! Healthy?

• vanel46 By  vanel46
    09.09.11

I don't own this product but I drink a lot of sparkling water, this would be great to have in my house,nothing to recycle and it wont take up space like cartons of soda.

• mburrell2 By  mburrell2
    09.09.11

This is great if you drink a lot of club soda. I was constantly running to the store and lugging around bottles and cans of club soda. Now, I just make it myself. I'm guessing that it's probably more expensive than buying cub soda, but I'm willing to pay a little more for convenience.

• Shantella By  Shantella
    09.09.11

I really want one of these. While visiting, the host had one and we all had a great time using it. The kids really love it. They used all kids of juices and everything.

• jcatt77 By  jcatt77
    09.09.11

I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my husband last year and it is probably one of his favorite presents ever! It is easy to use and works really well. The CO2 cartridges last quite awhile and are easily exchanged at Bed Bath and Beyond. Lots of fun flavors to try for soda or lightly flavored water. So much less waste than buying individual bottles at the store!

• ufg8trj By  ufg8trj
    09.09.11

This is the best product. I purchased it for my mother for her birthday. When we lived in NY we used to have seltzer delivered to the house, old school style in the glass bottles. When we moved to florida we were unable to find this service, so my mom started buying bottles from the supermarket. She always said it tasted different, but it was fine. She would go through one or two bottles a day. Then I got her the sodastream. She loves it, she is able to make her seltzer as bubbly as she wants. And it is so much cheaper than all the bottles. Plus it's better for the environment! My husband loved it so much I had to buy him one too!