Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• Mariahh By  Mariahh
    01.05.15

One of my favorites!!

• heathermac By  heathermac
    11.13.14

Great book. If you haven't seen the movie, wait until after reading the book. The movie is okay, but a let down considering how good the book is.

• creativeblogmom By  creativeblogmom
    11.08.14

Amazing book! A bit disturbing at times, but still riveting. It is one of my all time favorites!

• cort2tfr By  cort2tfr
    10.17.14

I had the book before the movie came out. Great story and well cast. I like the book more than the movie but thoroughly enjoyed both.

• mikaelamarie0 By  mikaelamarie0
    10.15.14

This book is absolutely AMAZING! Once i started i could not put it down, i felt like i was actually living through the writer's eyes. After falling in love with the book, i decided to watch the movie and it was nothing in comparison to the book, i found myself reading the book all over again just to get back into the mindset and forget about the movie. 5 stars for sure!

• wholekittencaboodle By  wholekittencaboodle
    10.03.14

I bought this book because I saw the movie trailer. I didn't know there was a book until a friend told me. I didn't expect much, because I really didn't know much about it. The book held my attention from page one until the end. It was masterfully written. The author painted a picture so brightly that I could see the scenes and smell the smells of the circus as if I were there.

• Meganks8 By  Meganks8
    09.24.14

Very interesting story - kept my attention through the book.

• Caseybuss By  Caseybuss
    09.11.14

This was a really hard book for me to get into. Would not recommend it

• DeejaVuu By  DeejaVuu
    09.10.14

This movie (if it's the right one I'm thinking of) is beyond amazing! I'd watch it over and over!

• beccamb By  beccamb
    08.14.14

I never saw the movie so I can't offer a comparison but I loved the book. It was well written and a very quick read.