Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review Page 4 of 10 | SheSpeaks

• nmshel By  nmshel
    01.20.15

Love mine but just got new carpet installed and if we use this vacuum it will void our warranty due to too much suction

• borelliam By  borelliam
    01.06.15

I purchased this over priced vacuum because I thought it would be quality made. Unfortunately after a few weeks of using it daily, It stopped sucking up but still ran. Being how expensive it was, I tracked down a vacuum repair shop to get the issue resolved. I was told the clutch burnt out as Dyson uses one clutch- that both runs the vacuum and works the height adjustment for floor cleaning. The repair shop told me the repair part would cost a couple hundred. This problem taught me 2 things, #1 always buy a warranty, and #2 never buy an expensive product- they always have expensive replacement parts too!

• Stacik87 By  Stacik87
    01.05.15

I love this vacuum cleaner. I will never buy another brand again.

• katfos By  katfos
    01.05.15

I bought this vacuum several years ago from BJ's. It has cleaned my house from top to bottom for years but I have noticed that it has lost a little suction which is disappointing from the vacuum that "Never losses suction"! We have kept the filters clean so that cannot be the problem. It still picks up well and we never have a problem filling the container!

• Kapries By  Kapries
    12.27.14

very expensive but will last you for years. This is the only vacuum cleaner that has consistency.

• katheejo By  katheejo
    12.04.14

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

• MommyFavorites By  MommyFavorites
    11.04.14

This vacuum works fantastic and the warranty has been a lifesaver. It picks up things that most vacuums would just skim over. It comes with a lot of attachments, many I've never used. I do use the hose all the time and the attachment for vacuuming the stairs. That's about it.

• LeslieC By  LeslieC
    08.23.14

I have two long haired dogs. This is the only vacuum I've found that does burn out with all the dog hair. It is great!

• cameroma By  cameroma
    08.23.14

Easy to use! Worth the money. It gets the job done!

• sunkissed7787 By  sunkissed7787
    06.12.14

I bought one of these through store pick up at Walmart. I was so excited to try this thing out, and with three dogs was really looking forward to a super clean carpet. When I got it home and put it together (it was super easy to assemble, it came in three pieces that just snapped together, no screws), it did not suck anything off our floor. I checked all the connections and everything, and sure enough it was assembled correctly and there was some suction but it was less than our cheap Eureka we retired because it broke. I was so disapointed, especially for the price of the vacuum. I immediately returned it and bought another Eureka, a third the price and so much more powerful.

• carissalynn82 By  carissalynn82
    04.06.14

I was so excited when my husband surprised me with my own Dyson Animal vacuum! It works so well and is easy to use. Love it!

• kimmyty By  kimmyty
    03.21.14

A great vacuum cleaner! It is on the pricey side but has lasted a long time for me. Still works has good as when I bought it five years ago!

• mouhanna32 By  mouhanna32
    03.12.14

great product, love it. It actually picks up my cats hair and doesn't leave anything behind. The only problem is the price, I can find another product just like it, and i actually did. It worked the same thing for half the price.

• jrayherself By  jrayherself
    02.17.14

I love this vacuum until in broke. Now it just surges and doesn't hold a charge. It was great and versatile, made it easy to vacuum the stairs and wasn't as heavy as a full size vacuum. I wish mine worked!

• wzdprest By  wzdprest
    01.23.14

I bought this machine because of all the hype. It's suction is fantastic and it cleans like a workhorse, however, it is not easy to maneuver and its really heavy to operate. All in all, I like it, but don't love it.