Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage Review Page 38 of 40 | SheSpeaks

• SuperMommy2TheRescue By  SuperMommy2TheRescue     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.19.11

We LOVE Johnsonville Italian sausage, especially the sweet sausage. Absolutely delicious and tastes great with rice and pasta dishes, on a bun, and it tasted great in the jumbalaya dish I made the other night. Definitely one of the go to items on my shopping list and meal planning.

• lesaluv29 By  lesaluv29     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.18.11

IT was not too sweet just like i like it and the flavor was very good. it cooks very well and did not fall apart.

• mbalvin By  mbalvin     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.18.11

This was wonderful sausage. I made it with the Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy Tomato and Basil pasta sauce. We had about 13 people here and everyone said it was the best. Thank you so much for interducing us to these products. I wish I had more coupons to hand out, but I think they will all buy it anyway. I will be a customer for life!

• michellecd22 By  michellecd22     SheSpeaks Tester

Got to try grilled.

• rachelizabeth By  rachelizabeth     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.17.11

My family LOVES the sausage! I usually just cook it up and serve it alongside arepas and a veggie. But it's easy to use in other recipes that call for sausage. The flavor is not overpowering when used in other dishes. My only wish is that it was lower in fat. I poke the sausage with a fork to drain off as much grease as possibles. Many times I've had geysers of grease coming out. Seriously - one time the grease shot out of the sausage and across the kitchen. I still buy it anyway, but a lower fat version would make my day!

• devilgirl4791 By  devilgirl4791     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.17.11

OMG!!! I had never added sausage to my recipes until I got into this program!. If I had only knew what I had been missing!!! I am amazed at how much this elavates recipes! Thank you Shespeaks and Johnsonville for introducing me to yet another wonderful product!!!

• Valerie09 By  Valerie09     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.17.11

We slow cooked the sweet italian sausage with sour crout. Then served on buns with cheddar cheese and stake sauce. Yummy!

• jacindacra By  jacindacra     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.17.11

I used this sausage browned it, combined with a little cheddar cheese, filled in crescent rolls and baked. Was the most amazing breakfast in the world. This sausage is great, and will definitely purchse again.

• bamabunch5 By  bamabunch5     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.16.11

Great flavor! According to my son, they are "pure awesomeness, 'nuff said".

• Aurie123 By  Aurie123     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.16.11

The sweet basil gave the sausage and all-around great flavor, no sauce or seasonings required!

• Tannersmom By  Tannersmom     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

Purchased a package of the sweet Italian sausage on 3-12-11 and used it to make my family's favorite lasagna dinner on 3-15-11. I have always used Italian flavored ground turkey in previous dinners, but used Johnsonville's in this latest lasagna meal and it was a hit. There were lots of compliments on the flavor of the sausage being just the right mix of Italian seasonings, but not too sweet which was great as the pasta sauce already had a sweet flavor to it. The sausage easily broke down and spread out evenly throughout the lasagna. It will be purchased again for some of our favorite meals.

• happy2 By  happy2     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

Johnsonville sweet sausage are delicious. We made ours with pasta and Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy Tomato and Basil pasta sauce with fresh string beans. Dinner is a hit tonight in our home.

• lupay85 By  lupay85     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

I made an Italian style lentil and sausage stew with the sweet sausage. It was so good. The sausage has great flavor and good texture. Cant wait to try it in another recipie.

• grumpyvet By  grumpyvet     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

My husband and daughter enjoyed sweet italian sausage sandwiches with grilled onion and peppers, classic "fair food". I am still waiting to hear back from the website as to what are the "spices" listed on the lable before I can eat any. The customer service is very timely, I received a reply to my query within 24 of my email, which impressed me very much, but further research was needed, so I am still waiting. Sage causes me to get migraines, so caution is needed. My daughter and husband are going to try the hot sausage on pizza tonight.

• joldmixon By  joldmixon     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

We used this with our regular pasta meal...I added veggies and it was just mouth watering and super filling! yum!!!