Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage Review Page 36 of 40 | SheSpeaks

• mdechell By  mdechell     SheSpeaks Tester
    04.03.11

Unfortunately I found the Italian sausage salty and it tasted more like breakfast sausage than sweet italian sausage.

• momof308 By  momof308     SheSpeaks Tester
    04.01.11

Worked well as an alternative to polish sausage and we still loved it in a hotdog bun.

• jcbbdb By  jcbbdb     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.30.11

I am a big fan of Johnsonville sausage and I used the sweet sausage in my breakfast gravy with biscuits. It was perfect. It had a nice maple flavor that went well with the white gravy sauce. This was a hit at our house!

• rondapittman By  rondapittman     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.30.11

I used the Sweet sausage to make my husband fair style sandwiches. He loved them. Compared to other brands we have tried, the Johnsonville was more flavorful. I also think when fried, the Johnsonville had a better color to it. This is a product that I suggested to a friend, who also felt the flavor was better than that of the store brand she had been purchasing.

• elsmarlouamrman By  elsmarlouamrman     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.28.11

I used the recipe - Italian Sausage and Pepper Medley - I had expected it to be much heavier in taste than it was - delicious! The peppers were very crisp (which I like) and the addition of the canned tomatoes gave enough additional flavor and moisture to the dish that this was hit with everyone at dinner. (I served it with a side of brown rice with pecans)

• bidahune By  bidahune     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.26.11

Used the Johnsonville Sweet Italian sausage with my grandmother's old recipe for what she called a "sausage crescent". Most people, I think, call it a calzone. It was great. Wonderful sweet, juicy flavor to the sausage. Can't wait to try some of the other flavors and recipes.

• nonni814 By  nonni814     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.24.11

Excellent in chilli , Also made skewers with potatoes and onions for ladies night, wonderful combinition, great hit

• jessi76 By  jessi76     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.24.11

I needed an easy middle of the week dinner, so I quickly cut up a package of these, tossed in my crockpot with a jar of sauce, and had with spaghetti when I got home. fantastic! I was afraid there would be a ton of grease on top since I didn't pre-brown the sausage, and was surprised there was not with this brand. it was delicious!

• nverrecchio By  nverrecchio     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.24.11

my family loved the sausage and will now be using the sweet Italian basil in our pasta dishes. I highly recommend this product to all my friends.

• heatmn By  heatmn     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.24.11

I would have never thought to remove the casing from these and cook like any other sausage..I always had cooked them the way they came and used in a bun..brat style. Not only was I thrilled to be able to try these out but just the eye opening experience of a few recipes telling me to remove the casing and WHALA...I'm hooked! Its such a quick and simple thing to do and taste increbile. I've made a sausage cabbage dish in a skillet and that was delish. Tonight I made a homemade spaghetti sauce and once again Johnsonville hasn't disappointed me yet! Everyone in our family including my 3 kiddos ages 10, 8 and 2 all have loved everythign I've made w/ these sausages.

• funnysmile5 By  funnysmile5     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.23.11

The sweet sausage is my favorite to use in pasta! my family loves it

• catclan By  catclan     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.23.11

We have always used Johnsonville sweet or mild italian sausage for years and love them bbq'd on the grill and put in bread. yum. We also have made them in pasta. just add them instead of your normal meat product to any pasta dish. I have used them with red sauce and white sauce. They are good just by them selves with mashed potatoes also. YUM!!!!! Thank you.

• tumcsec By  tumcsec     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.23.11

I loved getting the coupons and took the sausages on a camping trip. My husband cut them up and cooked them in an iron skillet on our campfire for breakfast and they were so good! We also had them full size for supper grilled and ate them like "hotdogs" on a hotdog bun with chips. They are so delicious, fun and EASY to take on a camping trip and cook. We felt like we were being served gourmet! We forgot our camera, so we couldn't take any photos, sorry.

• jjehlar By  jjehlar     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.23.11

We loved the mild flavor. This sausage was cooked and served plain to the picky eats. Great and goes with everything!

• annareeb By  annareeb     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.22.11

Used the sweet italian sausage in lasagna, it was very good the family absolutely loved it. There was very little fat in the pan, I was expecting it to be dry and not as flavorful with so little fat. it wasn't at all. very tasty sausage!