Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage Review Page 33 of 33 | SheSpeaks
We've got some big changes coming, click here to learn more!

• joldmixon By  joldmixon     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.15.11

We made a nice mexican rice from scratch and this just made it perfect! So good. One of my favorites.

• LFitts By  LFitts     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.14.11

Not very hot, but delicious. I just posted a photo of the baked rigatoni we made with the spicy sausage removed from casings. Go look at it! :) I used the Tomato & Basil Rinaldi sauce, which was delicious and very fresh, a lot like my homemade sauce.

• gailb01 By  gailb01     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.12.11

I tried the Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage for the first time this week. I had to work late and was in a hurry to make dinner. I cut the sausage in coin style slices, cooked it throughly in a pan. At the same time I put whole wheat penne pasta on to boil, and heated up a jar of marinara sauce. The spicy sausage was a great combination with the sweet flavor of the marinara sauce. Everyone at the table was pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was and how quickly it came together. Tossed a quick green salad and the dinner was complete.

• PNIEDERT By  PNIEDERT     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.11.11

I love this as sausage fra diavlo with pasta! I also love having this sausage on a bun just like a hot dog. Grilled. Very good. I love the heat on this sausage. Perfect spice content!

• kimm1310 By  kimm1310
    03.11.11

Loves putting these into a homemade meat sauce or just making a sausage & pepper meal - my husband is especially fond of the hot ones!!!

• drose10276 By  drose10276     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.10.11

I slice there into small pieces and sautee with peppers and onions.Then I serve over rice or stuff into hoagie rolls.My Husband and son love the taste!

• wablossom By  wablossom     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.09.11

These have a nice kick to them, but are not too spicy to be uncomfortable to eat. I served these with spaghetti and pasta sauce last night and my husband and I really enjoyed them. I cooked the entire pack of links and froze the leftover 2 in my foodsaver for our next pasta dinner! Interesting reviews here, I have some new ideas on how to serve these now.

• buzymum By  buzymum     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.09.11

My husband and teenage boys loved Johnsonville's spicy, hot Italian sausages,,,,grilled on the bun!

• jharb65 By  jharb65     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.06.11

Just enough spice. Loved it!!!

• mmjc302 By  mmjc302     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.02.11

My husband loves this just by them self in between a slice of bread with ketchup.

• w2005blc By  w2005blc     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.02.11

These are definately the best hot italian sausages out there. We like them because they have a good flavor and some nice heat, but they aren't overly salty like some brands. My kids that are 4 and 6 love these too!

• BArcuri By  BArcuri     SheSpeaks Tester
    02.28.11

Definitely hotter than the mild links, but still good! I used these in a chili I made over the weekend and they added a nice extra kick.