Sassy Teething Feeder Review Page 3 of 6 | SheSpeaks

• londonlane By  londonlane
    01.10.14

These are awesome! We used to freeze fruit for our oldest daughter when she was a baby and it was wonderful on her gums! We are about to get one for our current youngest baby.

• Tamraellen By  Tamraellen
    12.27.13

Loved this it was one of the only ways I could get my picky eater to eat his fruit and veggies. I also felt he was safer eating with it. it is also amazing for teething. Loved it

• Amusleh86 By  Amusleh86
    12.19.13

It's was a good idea but I thought it was a little to messy, they need a wardrobe change when thy were done. But it was nice that you didn't have to worry about them choking any skins from certain fruits.

• Jessgarcia100 By  Jessgarcia100
    06.20.13

Good for babies that have already had solids bc sometimes a lot of the food comes out and might choke the little one

• MasterofMom By  MasterofMom
    06.20.13

I like this product because of the idea, but when it comes down to it, it just doesn't work quite as intended. First of all, anything that you put in here needs to be reasonably soft and squishy for the baby to get any use out of it. However, babies this age are usually still learning to hold things and coordinate their movements. This means that as soon as baby drops this, it's going to get gunk on it (which will stick because of the food inside) and then the baby is going to pick it up and put it back in his or her mouth. So now they are sucking on a mesh bag that possibly has lint, dust, dirt, etc, stuck to it... Of course, you can put the baby in a high chair to try and avoid this, but there is still a pretty high chance that it's going to end up on the floor, and it isn't something you can just rinse off and give back to them. Secondly, if baby is teething and they try to start chewing/sucking on this, and they don't have the proper coordination, the bag is quite likely not going to get chewed on as much as baby would like to, which makes my daughter scream in frustration. Then I have to take it away and try to give her something that she can really bite down good on to take away the teething pain. Lastly, this thing is a HUGE pain to clean. Even if you get one good use out of it, after that you are left cleaning little bits of fruit and veggie and mushy stuff from in and around all the little mesh holes and from around the ring at the top. It's actually a lot harder than it would seem, and I can wash this four or five times by hand before I feel like I've "gotten it all". I stopped using it after about five uses because when I went to get it out of the cupboard I found that I had missed a small chunk of something in one of the little holes and it had turned a gross grayish color. Yuck! I ended up throwing it out.

• WEMAKE7 By  WEMAKE7
    03.23.13

I really like this product but ended up throwing it away because we had used bananas in it one day and It was just a pain to try to clean it.

• Kaylamandis By  Kaylamandis
    11.01.12

This was a great tool for introducing my son to solid fruits and veggies. He loved it as well. The only downfall was that it is hard to clean.

• corabishop By  corabishop
    09.23.12

Love teethers

• BOSSLADYNELLIE By  BOSSLADYNELLIE
    09.23.12

I WATCHED THIS ON YOUTUBE TO SEE IF EVERYBODY LIKED IT AND THEY SAID IT WAS THE BEST BECAUSE YOU CAN PUT WATERMELON AND BANANA. THE BABY DOESNT CHOCK OR ANYTHING SO I'M HOPING THIS WORKS WELL

• kapa1985 By  kapa1985
    09.21.12

like other people mention this a great for teething children, use some frozen fruit or cooked vegetable. But it can be difficult to clean depending on what you put in there, like bananas or strawberries. There is a similar product where the handle separates from the basket part, I have these ones from my first child and plan to use them with my newborn as soon as he is ready.

• mswatkins By  mswatkins
    09.07.12

I liked them because it introduced her to real fruit taste without it being processed for baby food in a jar. She loved to eat pineapples! I didn't care for the mesh it was like fabric so when it dried it got a odd smell so i would have to wash them fresh right before she used them. But all in all it was a good product to get her to eat fruit.

• wlroberts By  wlroberts
    09.05.12

its a safer way to get your little one to learn to eat without the chocking problem.

• singlemommyof2 By  singlemommyof2
    07.22.12

Great idea but my daughter didn't like the mesh so it only got used once. Wish I had found it when she was smaller then she probably would have taken to it better.

• deeraffreeg17 By  deeraffreeg17
    06.06.12

Absolutely love these... They are perfect for babies who are just trying solid foods. I normally put fruit, popsicles, cubed cooked carrots and sweet potatoes in them. I would not recommend putting a banana in the feeder because it is terribly hard to clean afterwards!!!

• sitrene By  sitrene
    05.31.12

These are really nice for fruits. It can be hard to clean, strawberries were a pain, but worth it. I put frozen juice cubes in it when my oldest was teething.