Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation | SheSpeaks

• c_mazahir c_mazahir
    02.11.15

I have been wanting to use Mineral foundations and just opted to try this one out. Have been using this foundation since several weeks and have noticed the slight shimmer but that is what makeup does, the "shimmer" reflects the light to minimize any imperfections of your skin. I have found that you cannot use a different type of concealer or pressed powder with it. I apply my concealer after my foundation and I found that it turned the color of the mineral makeup and got cakey where I had applied the concealer. It does have good effective coverage, but be sure not to use too much as the more you apply the darker your tone will become. I think it's quicker too than applying a liquid foundation, then concealer, then pressed powder. It doesn't have impressive staying power, however I've heard of a trick of misting hairspray in the air and then putting your face through the mist that seems to help your makeup last longer, but this doesn't work for everyone. Hope this helps you!

• shylittleghostie shylittleghostie
    06.24.16

It's okay...

I tried this product a while ago and I did't really like it. The shimmer up in it is so distracting when I put it on my face because I'm super scared that I'll put to much and become a greaseball.... But overall its blendable!

• donnamcqd By  donnamcqd
    10.26.11

This is a good product. I really prefer mineral foundation to liquid, however my choice of mineral foundation is Bare Minerals, but when I want to try other things I do and this is a close second. Mary Kays mineral foundation is a good product as well.

• oneangelsmiles By  oneangelsmiles
    10.26.11

I purchased this because it was on sale and I was out of my more favorite brand of mineral makeup and tight on cash. I should have saved my money. This stuff is completely awful. It is drying to the skin, harsh to apply and makes your complection look as if you spent way too much time at the tanning bed (and that is at the lightest shade available to buy). I didn't bother to pass this along to anyone- just threw it out. I was really surprised at the quality of this because Revelon generally puts out a fairly nice liquid foundation.

• Mbvolley21 By  Mbvolley21
    10.26.11

I was traveling and forgot my makeup. I normally use Bare Minerals and was looking for something similar to apply with adequate coverage. I purchased the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Makeup and it was a disaster. I'm not sure if it was the brush, or if it was the makeup, but it didn't blend well and seemed very powedery/chalky on my face. It sits in my drawer at home with 2 days of "forced" use out of it...

• MommaMiaAight By  MommaMiaAight
    10.05.11

Did not care for how this powder felt on my face, color match was bad, did not like the brush and the bottom of the container comes off easily.

• jess15us By  jess15us
    10.01.11

I love how soft it makes your face.

• desy126 By  desy126
    09.24.11

I dont like this foundation, it is always too dark

• allmystuff By  allmystuff
    09.23.11

Even their lightest color is still too dark for me, and the consistency was just bleh! My face felt like my hands used to after I cleaned erasers for the teacher in third grade. NOT good. I was so mad that i lost my receipt and couldn't take it back.

• heatherv112506 By  heatherv112506
    09.17.11

Came off very chalky on my face :( Couldn't even find a shade that seemed to match my complection.

• Bridge6981 By  Bridge6981
    09.02.11

I have used a couple different mineral makeups and this is the worst I've tried. It made my skin look absolutely terrible. It looked dry and was difficult to apply the makeup evenly. I gave it away and the person I gave it to threw it away. Just a waste of money.

• VEROCOLO27 By  VEROCOLO27
    08.02.11

I bought this at a CVS because it was part of their 50-70% off annual sale. CVS usually sells their cosmetics pretty high so i had to take the opportunity and of course buy it. i really wanted to like it especially because everyone says teh Colorstay is comparable to other high end brands. I didn't really like it mostly because of the applicator. the brush felt really harsh on my skin. It was not soft at all and left me with a little tingling sensation and it was not a good one. It was mostly because it kind of hurt my face when i put in on. I sold it for $1 at a garage sale i had recently. Maybe if it had a more softer applicator brush i would buy it again but until that happens i won't.