Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• weezy1958 By  weezy1958
    03.01.11

I absolutely LOVE this vacuum! Have had several other brands prior, but none pick up or hold up like the Dyson. I live in Florida so have a lot of sand coming into the house via our dog, and it is miraculous to me how well this vaccum picks up and doesn't blow it out the other side. It is vacuuming to perfection!

• browneyes78 By  browneyes78
    12.24.10

I love my Dyson. I've had it for around 5 yrs now. I had some part on the bottom break a yr or so ago, I called Dyson and they mailed me the part. No questions asked. I paid over $500 for my Dyson, it's a hefty price to pay at one time, but think about this..... if you buy a cheap vac and have to replace it every yr....how much does that add up to after 4 or 5 yrs? Has it lost suction.....I'm sure that's a question people really want to know about because Dyson claims their vacs don't. I can say with my head high....that my Dyson has not lost suction power. It still does a great job after all these yrs. I have had as many as 3 dogs at once while owning this vac. I have had stuff get caught up in it, pulled it out, vac still ran although it stunk for awhile, I thought it was burnt up....now the smell has gone away and vac is still going. The suction on this vac isn't going to make you scream wow, but the fact that it hasn't lost it's suction after 4 or 5 yrs is great. My one issue is the extension wand to reach places....it's stiff, maybe I just never handled it enough to break it in. Bagless is great and easy to dispose dirt and then clean. Not the lightest vac, but that's because it's a good quality. I would hate if this thing stopped working because they are so expensive....but I would buy another.

• baboese By  baboese
    10.12.10

I have owned my Dyson for 5 years. Thankfully it came with a 5 year warranty, since it's been in the repair shop 5 times. The suction is not as good as I would expect for an expensive vacuum cleaner. (one of the reasons it's been in the shop a few times) The majority of my house is hard wood floors and I'm constantly shocked at how little the Dyson will pick up. If there are pine needles on the floor, it takes at least 3-5 passes with the vacuum. The same goes for tiny pieces of paper. I do think the suction on the hose is good though and haven't seemed to have any problem at all with that. My husband calls this vacuum my "$600 piece of plastic", which is exactly what it is. The entire thing is plastic which doesn't make me think that it'll last for years to come.

• laceyhodge By  laceyhodge
    10.05.10

I've had this dyson for about 3 years. The vacuum is very good, has a strong suction and easy to clean. However, the hose on the attachment handle doesn't stretch very far. It almost falls on me when trying to use the handle with the attachments. And I also agree with DreamN, the handle won't let you get into tight places and you have to angle it funny and sometimes it isn't conveinent. Wish it had a more stretchy hose. Other than that it is a good product.

• itsrachelann By  itsrachelann
    09.11.10

I use mine daily. With two small children, four dogs and two cats its a must. I love all the attachments. Nothing gets dog hair off the couch like this does. I have hardwood, area rugs and carpet. Love the ability to turn the brush bar on or off.

• silverfox2010 By  silverfox2010
    08.31.10

I own one and am thoroughly impressed with its power, how easy it is to empty the canister, and the suction on the all the attachments. It handles pet hair easily and is a pleasure to use. I love that I can find its manual online and have discovered that we can buy parts online should that ever be necessary. A great buy!

• windlaughter By  windlaughter
    08.31.10

this is the best vaccum i have ever owned my is getting a little over worked hope to get a new one again as soon as i can afford it

• DreamN By  DreamN
    08.31.10

I really enjoy my Dyson (I've had it for about 2 years now) - it works great and really picks up the dirt! The only thing I dislike about my Dyson is that it's sometimes hard to use the attachments. No problems putting them on but the way the handle is angled I can't get into many tight spaces.

• jackie7522 By  jackie7522
    08.31.10

i LOVE THIS VACUM i DO NOT HAVE ONE BUT i BORROWED A FRIENDS AND IT WAS GREAT WISH i COULD AFFORD ONE.

• Lucyanna By  Lucyanna
    08.31.10

Love, Love, Love my Dyson. Best vacuum ever!!