Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• Heather1980 By  Heather1980
    07.29.20

Even my husband loves to vacuum using it.

We have this vacuum at our vacation home. Bought one that cost more for the house and now I may trade the two because this is the best and easiest to use vacuum. Even my husband loves to vacuum using it.

• calliebritt By  calliebritt
    07.22.20

Clean your slab good....at first!

Love my Animal! But do know that the suction at first is fantastic! Like clean your original slab through your carpet good! But alas, it doesn't keep that suction too long. Still good, just not great like it used to be! I've had 3. They've all performed exactly the same: fantastic and then good!

• Annienicole7 By  Annienicole7
    07.01.20

Great suction and easy to clean. I highly recommend this product.

• davisjodie By  davisjodie
    06.08.20

very powerful vacuum, but expensive. Docking one star because there may be products that are also very effective and cost less

• brandye1980 By  brandye1980
    04.01.20

Great vaccum

If you have pets especially more than one this is a vacuum that you need I have a Schnauzer who is 9 years old and two cats one who has extremely long fluffy hair I love this vacuum it has such great suction power and is so easy to clean it gets the job done on a holler highly recommend the Dyson DC

• Loving50andBeyond By  Loving50andBeyond
    12.24.19

Dyson Ball Animal 2 Vacuum is worth the money!

My boyfriend purchased this incredible vacuum for me a few months back. Once we arrived home, I had to put it to the test. I had vacuumed our bedroom early that day and wanted to see how much more was rooted in the carpet. After giving the carpet a good "once over," I was amazed at how much silt it picked up from deep down. We have two dogs that shed twice a year, and this vacuum picks up everything with ease. I use the brush attachment for window sills, baseboards, shutters, A/C filter intake, and cobwebs up high. This vacuum has replaced our older Cat/Dog vacuum by Dyson. We used it for four years, and this one is so much better.

• angwith4 By  angwith4
    10.09.19

Never again will I buy a Dyson

I wanted a Dyson vacuum ever since I learned about them. For years I wanted one but it just seemed too much to spend on a vacuum. Then my dad was getting ready to retire. She bought one for me for my birthday and you'd have thought I won the lottery with how excited I was. For the few months it was the best vacuum I'd ever owned. I thought it certainly lived up to the hype. I have 4 kids and 3 cats. I quickly started realizing that the tube was WAYYY to small if I accidently vacuumed up a small LEGO it would clog, a shopkin? clog, a tiny piece of paper? clog. a dime? clog. It got to be that every other time I vacuumed I'd end up spending more time taking apart my vacuum to unclog the attachment tubing. I quickly learned every where to check for clogs and take it apart and put it back together. It was frustrating. I had a $60 Bissell vacuum that would suck up a sock and keep going! Literally, it happened one time. Then after about two years it just stopped working all together. I mean, it would turn on but it just wouldn't suck anything up at all. My dad was a letter carrier. He'd tell me he'd have to pick up people's Dyson all the time because they'd have to be sent back to the manufacturer to get fixed with some people not seeing their Dyson again for up to 2 months. I couldn't go two months without a vacuum with a family of 6! We finally decided to give it up for scrap. When I took to facebook to voice my frustration with my Dyson especially with how much it cost I had several friends tell me similar stories and they told me they'd never by a Dyson again. I'm in that club now.

• wabbit By  wabbit
    07.25.19

Cleans well

My husband bought me one of these a few Christmas?s ago and I love it! (It actually was a great gift) It?s lighter and has great power, picks up much more dust then my other vacuum did.

• Hillbillyland_chix By  Hillbillyland_chix
    07.10.19

This Dyson is riding the middle for me.

I was really impressed with this Dyson vacuum its has great suction and does a great job on my floors. With it being a bag-less container that is so easy to remove empty and replace and continue on without issue. My only issue is the design of the attachments. When I needed to clean ceiling fans, blinds, stairs, ect... extending the handle and using the attachment that is needed the job becomes awkward and clumsy. The vacuum becomes super easy to fall over and very uncomfortable to handle. So for the price I am going to say pass on this Dyson.

• Hunt29 By  Hunt29
    03.15.19

Loved until it broke

We loved this vacuum for a while until the hose got slits in it rendering it useless and the vacuum got a horrendous smell when we would turn it on. We cleaned our filters and took care of the vacuum but for whatever reason it didn't last as longe as older models seem to. We replaced it with a newer ball model and that lasted for maybe a year and a half. Seems Dyson quality is going downhill, unfortunately.