While nothing beats s’mores by the campfire, sometimes it’s fun to change things up a bit. This recipe for S’mores Sushi combines two classics – Rice Cereal Treats and S’mores – that you can make anytime. Anywhere. No campfire required.
Inspired after seeing the recipe for these fun treats, we decided to create our own – and we were not disappointed. Check it out below, then enter for the chance to win a $25 grocery store gift card – perfect to buy all the ingredients needed to make these yummy treats!
Step 1: Make Rice Cereal Treats – easy!
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and press your Rice Cereal Treats mixture into a thin layer in the baking sheet. You want your treats thick enough that they won’t break apart, but not too thick so that you can’t roll them.
Step 3: Top with Marshmallow Fluff, Melted Chocolate, and Graham Cracker crumbs. Tip: Melt the fluff first for easier spreading.
Step 4: Now the fun part – making the “sushi!” Cut your large treat, with toppings, into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into logs.
Step 5: Chill for 20-30 minutes (if you can wait that long!).
Step 6: Cut each log into ‘sushi’ rolls. Serve with melted chocolate dipping sauce and have chopsticks available for fun eating!
These are a hit with everyone, young or old, and the chopsticks make it even more fun!
Get the full recipe and list of ingredients below.
Recipe: S’more’s Sushi (Adapted from here) – Yields: 12, Time Total: 1 hour
¼ c. butter
10 oz. mini marshmallows
5 c. Rice Krispies cereal (or whatever brand you prefer)
3 c. marshmallow fluff, melted for easier spreading
1 c. crushed graham crackers
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup melted for spreading, 1 cup melted for dipping
- Make Rice Cereal Treats: In a pot, on low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until they are melted. Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the heat. Immediately stir in the cereal and mix until completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and press your Rice Cereal Treats mixture into a thin layer in the baking sheet.
- Spread the melted fluff on top into a single layer and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread melted chocolate over the crumbs and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Cut your large treat, with toppings, into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into logs
- Chill for 20-30 minutes (if you can wait that long!)
- Cut each log into ‘sushi’ rolls. Serve with melted chocolate dipping sauce and have chopsticks available for fun eating!
What fun desserts do you love? Tell us below and you'll be entered for the chance to win a $25 gift card to your favorite grocery store!
*One lucky contestant will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift card to the grocery store of their choice, provided the gift card is easily purchased online. Giveaway is open through September 22, 2019 to U.S. residents at least 18 years of age. Entrants must be a member of SheSpeaks. If you are not a member, click here to join. Winner will be notified by email.