Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• mommi23boyz By  mommi23boyz
    09.28.18

Awesome Read

Love this book! It was an awesome read and an awesome movie!

• heather326 By  heather326
    08.08.18

My MIL recommended this book to me. I absolutely loved it!! I still have not seen the movie but they always disappoint me anyway. I have recommended this book to all of my siblings and friends. I've read it twice already and plan to read it again

• Jwyatt2328 By  Jwyatt2328
    07.09.18

Good get away book

As a book dreamer, this one fits perfectly for a way to escape for a bit. It was an entertaining and quick read. I would definitely recommend adding it to a summer reading list.

• onlydesertdiva By  onlydesertdiva
    02.15.18

Gorgeous beautiful reading!

This Reader has been enjoying books since the age of 4 years and therefore is now very picky about choice of reading material. Author style and story content are paramount. I can highly recommend this book. Beautifully written, great story and will tug at heart strings you didn't know you had! Worthy of keeping in my personal library ( they have to be really good to command a place on my shelf) and re-reading from time to time.

• kmayer29 By  kmayer29
    12.09.17

Good read

As a book lover, this one is not my favorite. However, it was an entertaining and quick read. I would definitely recommend adding it to a summer reading list.

• Nellygirl07 By  Nellygirl07
    10.03.17

Loved this book! It was a beautiful story with love and heartbreak. She really transported you into the book.

• 1bets1 By  1bets1
    09.27.17

One of my favorites

One of my favorite books! I read the book way before I saw the movie. The book made me both cry and laugh at parts. This is one of those books that grabs you right from the beginning, and finds you fighting sleep to put it down. Highly recommend.

• shsc82 By  shsc82
    04.22.17

Good read

I really enjoyed this book, but I am not entirely sure about the excitement and raving some folks do, it was entertaining, but not groundbreaking or life changing.

• MissNerdy By  MissNerdy
    12.18.16

Seen the movie, now wanna read the story!

I am very surprised to see this book "Water for Elephants" here cuz I've seen the movie version a few years back and I've loved it so much. It was so emotional watching it and I've even found myself cheering for the animals...especially my favorite, the elephant. Now there is a book I can read...I'm very sure it's going to more detailed and with that, I'm very excited to buy this. Cant hardly wait!

• mango55 By  mango55
    08.03.16

sara gruen !!

i loved this book so much that i had to check out sara gruen's other works. if you enjoyed this, read her book at the waters edge. completely different and just as good!