Nicholas Sparks Dear John Review | SheSpeaks

• DewGirl By  DewGirl
    08.24.21

"What does it mean to truly love another?" A beautifully written and emotional story that shows the "true meaning of unconditional love." Savannah and John meet during his furlough from the military; they fall in love and make an attempt at life and love in a long distance relationship. Changes in the world make for complicated decisions for John and he must choose between his love for Savannah or serving his country. Actions may speak louder than words.

• kphilip By  kphilip
    08.16.15

One of the best books I have ever read. It had me so involved in the book the whole time! I loved it! :)

• cheer19us By  cheer19us
    10.07.14

Once you start reading his books, it is so hard to put them down! I have read almost all of his books if not all of them and never been disappointed!

• Stayathomewife By  Stayathomewife
    05.12.14

I have read almost every one of his books. Love them all! They are hard to put down!

• klatshaw By  klatshaw
    09.11.13

John Sparks never fails to disappoint. His stories are heart-wrenching at times but well worth the tears!

• juanita93243 By  juanita93243
    01.31.12

I am a HUGE Nicholas Sparks fan........and I must say I have never been disappointed.

• sherryc2001us By  sherryc2001us
    01.31.12

Definitely worth reading this book. It seemed slow to start but drew me in rather quickly. I finished it in a day that was perfect for fuzzy socks, a warm blanket, and a box of tissues.

• snols82 By  snols82
    01.06.12

Nicholas Sparks is truly a good author. He knows how to craft a beautiful and yet saddening romance. He is able to pull at your heart and engage your emotions page by page. I have read all of his books and will continue to read them as they come out. Dear John was a classic Nicholas Sparks love story gone awry...

• jonilee73 By  jonilee73
    12.28.11

Amazing book. Nicholas Sparks never fails. The movie is just too different from the book to do it justice.

• Lorelfs1 By  Lorelfs1
    12.07.11

Another great one by Sparks. It was fantastic. Kept me interested throughout the whole book.

• biancaf By  biancaf
    09.28.11

I really enjoyed this book. I prefer reading the book to watching the movie; much more descriptive and has a different ending than the movie.

• mscupcakegirl By  mscupcakegirl
    04.11.11

Nicholas Sparks lives up to his reputation. I loved "The Notebook", it's my all time favorite and Dear John definitely lived up to the expectations. A tear jerker, but a very good book!

• justdance0723 By  justdance0723
    04.06.11

I love Nicholas Sparks books. Dear John is one of the best. My all time favorite is the notebook!!!

• marsmom By  marsmom
    04.05.11

This is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. It was very touching. The movie failed to do the book any justice.

• kdmmertz By  kdmmertz
    11.24.10

I love most books by Nicholas Sparks, but this one was hands-down my favorite of all his stories. I can't even begin to tell you how much I cried while reading this...which always signifies a wonderful reading experience for me.