Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• vegancouture_ By  vegancouture_
    07.06.18

I have 2 aussie dogs and they SHED like CRAAAAAAZY - this vacuum is AWESOME! It literally sucks up their hair which gets everywhere you v an imagine in no time. Its super powerful - the only negative is that its heavy - so its hard to vacuum the couches because I have to hold the vacuum in air - the handle is not long enough.

• eview1 By  eview1
    01.10.18

Dyson Animal vac

i purchased one of these by Dsyon several years ago. the first one did not work. i took it back and got another one. the suction was terrible on the second one as well. it took over a year for dyson to finally respond. they said before they could give me back my money, which was almost 400.00 plus, i would have to send it back to them. i sent it back and got another one. guess what, it was broken at the shaft when i opened the box. dyson refused to give me my money back so i went back to the store where i got it. after arguing with them finally i got my money back. i was told that several employees had purchased this same vac and had the same problems. i would never buy another dyson.

• Bookie11 By  Bookie11
    12.16.17

Beast of a vacuum cleans up after my beasts

This is a powerful vacuum. There are two filters which must be cleaned regularly. We have had to replace the belt and the hose in the five years we have owned it. I love the simplicity of using the wand to get in the corners without having to remove and replace any parts. I love the bagless system and that I can see it working. It is very heavy and hard to manipulate. If you want a heavy duty vacuum with the understanding it's not a lightweight, this is for you!

• wittes02 By  wittes02
    09.28.17

Great power

Has great suction power. Is very heavy especially when carrying upstairs. The extension tube isn't easily stretched. But does a great job at cleaning debris off of floors and surfaces.

• Kyrstenosborne By  Kyrstenosborne
    07.31.17

Really wanted to love this!

We have owned two of this exact vacuum in three years... and while it does have excellent suction in the beginning, having two lab mixes, the filters get clogged and it stops performing so well. We've cleaned the filters many times, but for us, this vacuum works better in the areas of the house where the dogs don't spend as much time. It also has a harder time catching hard floor pick ups... there's an extra attachment you can purchase, but for the price of the attachment it wasn't worth it. I really wanted to love this vacuum because of the hype, but sadly it just didn't work as an all in one for us.

• meganmlangton By  meganmlangton
    05.31.17

Cat Fur?? What cat fur??

This vacuum is wonderful. We have two cats and they shed like crazy! White fur every where on my dark gray carpet. After using this vacuum youd never know I had cats. Dyson makes quality products and Id highly recommend them to anyone! They do make lighter weight versions of this vacuum which i own and use on stairs and for quick tile/wood floor cleanup.

• livingsmartgirl By  livingsmartgirl
    09.07.16

Great suction!

I have this vacuum and have for a while now. I love it, except for how heavy it is and how hard it is to clean the container. Other than that I recommend it to anyone with pets. It will suck up anything!

• dgomez By  dgomez
    08.01.16

Dyson Animal easy to maintain.

I have had my Dyson Animal for 10 years. I love it. I was stumped when my first belt broke, about 9 years in....My regular vacuum seemed to require a belt much more often. I like that I don't use a bag and that it is so easy to empty (I shake the container over the compost pile) When I start to smell a little bit of a funk, just using the air compressor to blow out the tubes seems to freshen it right up.

• Scullen By  Scullen
    07.31.16

Eh.. Overrated

I'm glad to read the other reviews because I thought it was just me with the problem. It this is so hard to maneuver..l oddly enough have that problem more so on smooth hardwood floors. Sometimes I even have to lift it up and manually change direction or it'll get stuck. This is a major design flaw and worth a one star dock. The other star is lost due to the high price (meaning I expected perfection) and the fact that mine came with no user guide for the million attachments - I have to look them up online every time. Otherwise it does what it says - it's great for picking up animal hair though on Berber carpet I often have to do two pass throughs. All in all its a good vacuum but I bet there are comparable a for much less money - my shark was fine and 1/5 the price.

• Mom2ddm By  Mom2ddm
    04.24.16

Dyson DC17 Animal vacuum cleaner

This vacuum is a lifesaver! We have had it for about seven years now and still love it. We have pets with lots of fur floating and a child with allergies. This vacuum picks up the fur very well and does not kick out a lot of dust. We have never had to get it serviced as we have been able to buy replacement parts online and do it ourselves. The Dyson DC17 Animal is well worth the initial cost of the vacuum.