Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• wabbit By  wabbit
    07.25.19

Cleans well

My husband bought me one of these a few Christmas?s ago and I love it! (It actually was a great gift) It?s lighter and has great power, picks up much more dust then my other vacuum did.

• Hillbillyland_chix By  Hillbillyland_chix
    07.10.19

This Dyson is riding the middle for me.

I was really impressed with this Dyson vacuum its has great suction and does a great job on my floors. With it being a bag-less container that is so easy to remove empty and replace and continue on without issue. My only issue is the design of the attachments. When I needed to clean ceiling fans, blinds, stairs, ect... extending the handle and using the attachment that is needed the job becomes awkward and clumsy. The vacuum becomes super easy to fall over and very uncomfortable to handle. So for the price I am going to say pass on this Dyson.

• Hunt29 By  Hunt29
    03.15.19

Loved until it broke

We loved this vacuum for a while until the hose got slits in it rendering it useless and the vacuum got a horrendous smell when we would turn it on. We cleaned our filters and took care of the vacuum but for whatever reason it didn't last as longe as older models seem to. We replaced it with a newer ball model and that lasted for maybe a year and a half. Seems Dyson quality is going downhill, unfortunately.

• Kittykatt1976 By  Kittykatt1976
    12.14.18

Clean happy house

I wish I'd found this sooner fantastic quality leaves the floors sparkling clean great for pet fur and cat dander would buy this again

• monteque By  monteque
    12.12.18

I have used this vacuum and it picks up really well. I recommend this one if you want to pay a little more and have it last a long time. I say a little more, but I would compare this one to other similar quality brands.

• cshbbygirl2 By  cshbbygirl2
    12.12.18

Best vacuum in the world!

This is the best vacuum ever! It cleans up all of my pets hair so well and I just absolutely love it so much!!

• Liongal80 By  Liongal80
    09.27.18

Well- worth money spent!

Love, Love, Love this vacuum! It really picks up the dirt and sweeps so easily. It collects items easily such as dust and dog hair and the sweeper is light to push around. Have owned this Dyson for years now and its like brand new! The only downfall to the Dyson is that if you use the sweeper to pick up animal hair, the filter needs to be replaced because the filter will have an animal smell. No matter what you do, its difficult to get the animal smell out of the sweeper when you use it. Other than that, its pricy but well worth money spent! Would highly recommend the Dyson brand.

• vegancouture_ By  vegancouture_
    07.06.18

I have 2 aussie dogs and they SHED like CRAAAAAAZY - this vacuum is AWESOME! It literally sucks up their hair which gets everywhere you v an imagine in no time. Its super powerful - the only negative is that its heavy - so its hard to vacuum the couches because I have to hold the vacuum in air - the handle is not long enough.

• eview1 By  eview1
    01.10.18

Dyson Animal vac

i purchased one of these by Dsyon several years ago. the first one did not work. i took it back and got another one. the suction was terrible on the second one as well. it took over a year for dyson to finally respond. they said before they could give me back my money, which was almost 400.00 plus, i would have to send it back to them. i sent it back and got another one. guess what, it was broken at the shaft when i opened the box. dyson refused to give me my money back so i went back to the store where i got it. after arguing with them finally i got my money back. i was told that several employees had purchased this same vac and had the same problems. i would never buy another dyson.

• Bookie11 By  Bookie11
    12.16.17

Beast of a vacuum cleans up after my beasts

This is a powerful vacuum. There are two filters which must be cleaned regularly. We have had to replace the belt and the hose in the five years we have owned it. I love the simplicity of using the wand to get in the corners without having to remove and replace any parts. I love the bagless system and that I can see it working. It is very heavy and hard to manipulate. If you want a heavy duty vacuum with the understanding it's not a lightweight, this is for you!