Makes: 20 squares
I love fudge, and peanut butter fudge is my absolute favorite. This recipe is one that my grandmother shared with me, and it's so much better than any other recipe I've ever tried. I like it even more than professionally-made fudge. If you're looking for something sweet and foolproof, you must try this recipe!
Jif creamy peanut butter
1. Pour the sugar and evaporated milk in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Heat over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Cook mixture to a soft ball stage (until it reaches between 235° and 240° Fahrenheit, if you are using a candy thermometer).
4. Remove the pan from your stovetop.
5. Immediately stir in the peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla.
6. Mix well (it should be a light, brownish-tan color), and pour into an 8X8 square baking dish.
7. Place the dish in your refrigerator for about an hour, or until fudge is set.
8. Remove from the fridge and cut into about 20 squares (more or less, depending on your personal preference).