AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• trippingtiffies trippingtiffies
    10.08.13

I can't get enough of this show. It's pure torture to have to wait a year between seasons. It's bittersweet knowing that this upcoming season will be the last and honestly, I was hoping for Don to redeem himself (at least somewhat). With that said, the costumes are on point and the sets are incredible. This show is 100% authentic and I love it!

• candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• Veronicalodge By  Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!

• ashenowl By  ashenowl
    03.10.19

Great Show

I love Mad Men, and especially the commentaries on the DVD box sets. It's one of the few shows that had an idea, ran with it, and ended in it's prime. The later success of stars like Christina Hendricks and Elisabeth Moss show that the creators clearly knew what they were doing.

• jannL7 By  jannL7
    11.16.18

Best show ever

One of the greatest shows I have ever watched! The storyline gets better and better each season, the characters are likeable and relateable. I just love the wardrobe from that time period and seeing the show evolve as the years pass. Such a great show that ended way to soon.

• Anniekt2 By  Anniekt2
    04.15.18

I loved this show. I hated the way it ended. I loved the way men wore suits all the time and people dressed up for work and dinner. Wasn't real fond of the affairs.

• Kclift By  Kclift
    09.27.17

Mad Men Season 1 was INCREDIBLE! You'll be hooked when you watch this!

• michellebryan2 By  michellebryan2
    09.13.17

Love

I really like this game and i play it everyday on hit it rich!!

• jessicalynnstrom By  jessicalynnstrom
    07.11.17

Factastic show

I LOVE this show. It is seriously poignant and makes great statement about women. There are moments that will leave you on the edge of your seat and other moments that will have you in tears.

• Teresadeck81 By  Teresadeck81
    04.08.17

Women are now heard

Love this show really takes you back to those lost days when times were different and women didn't speak up

• thehut By  thehut
    03.09.17

great show

I'm already on season 3 & I love this show! Donnie draper!? What can I say I love a man in a suit. Besides him, there is a great storyline going on with him and his family. Now they're exploring her family more, as if to show how she is the way she is.

• SophiaG By  SophiaG
    01.19.17

Good Show

Good show with great production and directing. Yes lots of smoking...it was in then and was actually "in style" to do. We didnt hear about how bad it was for you then but unfortunately that left alot of ys with cancer and or addicted!